If you are interested in the job below, please download our application here. You may digitally complete the application, or print it and submit it via scan-to-email or fax. Please submit your resume at the same time.
Street Address: 8500 Walnut Grove Rd., Memphis, TN 38018
Children's Ministry Department
4th-5th grade/The Stirring Ministry Coordinator • This is a key member of the Hope for Kids team who will oversee the leadership and programming for all children in grades four and five, and Hope’s Sunday evening kid’s program. This includes developing and implementing a relational family/children’s ministry plan, outreach, events, curriculum/ lessons, team building, and more. Work with passionate volunteers and continue to create an environment that nurtures a community of people to be cared for, and care for the image of God in the children of Hope Church. This is a full-time, salaried position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Lead and Shepherd volunteers, parents and kids of respective areas.
- Oversee weekend and weekday worship services for grades four and five.
- Oversee Sunday evening (Stirring) children’s ministry.
- Available to work three of the four regular weekend services and weeknights when classes are being conducted.
- Plan, organize, and direct programming and curriculum/ lessons.
- Build and lead a volunteer leadership team and provide ongoing training/teaching for ministry and spiritual growth.
- Develop a ministry plan to reach and grow kids in grades four and five, as well as in the overall Sunday evening program.
- Nurture a family ministry strategy as a means of empowering and equipping parents as they seek to nurture faith in Christ in their children.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete additional tasks as assigned by the Director of Children’s Ministries
- Help with any church-wide activities, programs, and services
- Work closely with Hope Student Ministry in order to transition students from children’s ministry to student ministry.
- Assist the Assistant Director in coordinating Hope 4 Kids special events (VBS, Fall Fun Fest, and other events as directed)
- Champion the mission, vision, and values of Hope Church and Hope 4 Kids Ministry
- High School Diploma
- College degree or equivalent
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and spiritually healthy family.
- Passion for teaching and sharing God’s love with children.
- Strong planning and implementation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team Player.
- Energetic leader and encourager.
- Computer literate and solid user of Mac/PC/software.
- Comfortable in an un-churched and culturally diverse environment.
- Ability to work in a consistent and fast paced ministry and environment.
- Able to engage 4th and 5th grade mentally, physically, and emotionally.