At Hope 4 Macky & Friends, we believe all individuals are created in His image and have a unique purpose. It is our mission to lift individuals to their fullest potential, help them discover their God-given talents, and share those talents within the Body of Christ. We offer our faith and fun classes during two of our weekend worship service times. Join us Saturdays at 5:30 pm or Sundays at 9:30 am in the Hope 4 Kids building.
Our special needs classes are faith-based inclusion classes where children and adults worship through interactive Bible stories. We use a multi-sensory approach that reinforces Bible truths through music, crafts and games. Check out some of our upcoming events below!
First time with us?
We are so glad you'll be with us! Before your first visit, please download, print and fill out this intake form. You may drop it off at the Hope for Kids Info desk when you arrive. The form helps us with important information such as social, behavioral and medical needs. We look forward to meeting you!
Looking for Night To Shine Info?
Hope has once again been awarded the honor of hosting Night to Shine sponsored by The Tim Tebow Foundation on Friday, February 10, 2017. Join us for a prom night that you will never forget! Walk the red carpet, enjoy the royal treatment and dance the night away. This is a night specifically for those with special needs who are 14 years old and over. The event is only open to 200 guests with no exceptions.
Registration is now open here!
An event as grand and spectacular as Night to Shine can’t be accomplished without lots of help from lots of our wonderful and faithful volunteers. If you want to experience a life changing event, then sign up NOW for your spot for Friday, February 10, 2017. It will be here before we know it and there will be lots to accomplish between now and then. There are a few requirements in order to ensure our guests are in the best hands so therefore once you register for a volunteer position, each person is background checked and then goes through a mandatory 1 hour training for preparation to volunteer with our friends with special needs.
- If you have never completed a background check for Hope Church (all volunteers helping with children’s ministry or special needs ministry are required) CLICK HERE Important Note: Make sure to select "Night To Shine" as the ministry applying for!
- To register for a volunteer spot CLICK HERE
- Once you have register and have completed and passed the background check, you will be contacted by Hope staff on dates to select from and save in JANUARY for the training.
Ongoing Activities meeting at Hope
• Sunday School class for adults (ages 18 and up) with special needs This class will meet each Sunday at 9:30 and will provide opportunities for fellowship with peers, service throughout the church, and most importantly growing deeper in relationship with Christ. We can't wait for this opportunity and hope to see you there! For more information or general questions please contact Rhonda Bradley at Rhonda@hopechurchmemphis.com or (901) 507-1896.
• Building Bridges & Making Friends Please contact Rhonda Bradley at Rhonda@hopechurchmemphis.com for more information about this fun monthly get together! (Use entrance 3, Room 405) Our next class is June 3.
• Family Support Night (Once a month, 6:30-8:30 pm) • In partnership with the Autism Resources of the Mid-South (ARMS), Hope Church will continue hosting monthly Family Fun Nights for families with a child (or children!) with a disability. We will offer parent support meetings, SibShops, Lego Club, and Young Adult Club. There is something for everyone! All Disabilities are welcome. For the August 28th parent support meeting, Search Dog South will be coming to talk about keeping your child safe! They will provide tips to secure your home if your child is a runner (ie, how to prepare a scent packet.) COMEC (Commission On Missing and Exploited Children) will also be here with fingerprinting kits for our families. Upcoming Family Support Nights are August 26, September 30, October 14 with a Holiday Party Nov 19 (9:00 am-Noon) and a New Years Party December 31 (6:00-8:00 pm). Have questions? Contact Rhonda Bradley Rhonda@hopechurchmemphis.com.
• Lucy & Company Performance Group meets Mondays during the school year from 4-5 pm. The group features a Spring and Christmas show. Fee if $60/month. If interested contact Ada at 626-0476
• Company d of Memphis Tennessee is a nationally recognized dance company of young adults with Down syndrome, under the artistic direction of Darlene Winters and choreographer. Company d was founded in 2001 and is committed to creating awareness of the talents and gifts of individuals with Down Syndrome. If interested, contact Diane, 901-219-9265.
• Social Skills Class for children of all ages. The class meets on Tuesdays each week from Noon-2 pm. After eating lunch together it's a time of art, cooking, dance and gardening! The class meets in Room 303 (across from the Gym). There is no cost so come join us! If interested contact Beth at 335-4387.
• Special Needs Parent Support Group Contact Steve or Debbie Warner if interested, 754-1375.
• Harwood Center preschool classes for individuals with special needs. Meets Monday-Friday during the school year and select weeks during the summer. For more information visit their website here.
Interested in volunteering?
Hope Special Kids and Adults is always looking for volunteers—whether your gift is in the class or not! (shadowing an individual, helping at Special Needs events and more!) If you're interested in being a part of this awesome ministry we'd love to meet you! All volunteers are required to fill out a background check before we can get you plugged in! Click here to begin the background check application process.
Information & Resources
For more information and helpful resources, contact Special Kids & Adults Family Coordinator PK Oates at 901-453-3445 or email PK@hopechurchmemphis.com.