Thank you for your interest in working at Hope! You can download our application here. When complete please email it, along with your résumé, back to Careers@HopeChurchMemphis.com
We are an equal-opportunity employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis protected by state or federal law, including race, color, age, sex, national origin, and disability.
This position has a general responsibility to keep the property, inside and out, safe, well-maintained, and aesthetically pleasing while upholding a high standard of excellence. This position will interact with the entire church staff on a regular basis. First and foremost, must be willing to engage all facilities (and sometimes housekeeping) tasks with a positive and helpful attitude no matter the task or the person/department making the request. This is a full-time, non-exempt, hourly position. Salary commensurate with experience.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform skilled and semi-skilled maintenance on the facility
- Contact subcontractors at the request of the Facilities Director
- Constantly and proactively be attentive to the state of the property and facilities
- Proactive problem-solving skills and attitude to solve maintenance issues in a time-sensitive, cost-effective, and quality manner
- Keep tools and supplies in working order and organized
Other duties and responsibilities
- Perform housekeeping tasks as needed
Skills & Experience requirements
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Skill with, or ability to learn to work with, nearly all kinds of tools
- Skill with, or ability to learn to drive, scissor and boom lifts
- Minimum 3 years of maintenance, construction, or related experience
- A developed trade (electrical, roofing, plumbing, etc.) is a plus, but the ability to learn some of nearly all trades is a must
- Must have own transportation to and from work
- Must be able to work nights and weekends when required
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.