Macky & Friends is our special needs program here at Hope. We believe all individuals are created in His image and have a unique purpose. It is our mission to lift individuals to their fullest potential, help them discover their God-given talents, and share those talents within the Body of Christ. We offer our faith and fun classes during two of our weekend worship service times. Join us Saturdays at 5:30 pm or Sundays at 9:30 am in the Hope 4 Kids building. Our special needs classes are faith-based inclusion classes where children and adults worship through interactive Bible stories. We use a multisensory approach that reinforces Bible truths through music, crafts and games. Check out some of our upcoming events below!
Hop on over to our “egg-citing” Easter egg hunt and talent show. This event is for families who have a child with special needs. Don’t miss the cool bunny trail egg hunt, face painting, games, cake walk, inflatables, food and more!
Hope Church Gym (Entrance 3) • FREE Admission • Rain or Shine!
We welcome hundreds of families to this event who have a child or adult with special needs and that’s why we need YOU! With your help, we have the privilege to help each family enjoy their experience by lending a helping and friendly hand to them. If you are able and willing to serve with us this fall, please CLICK HERE. If you are unable to serve, we still need donations of individually-wrapped bags of candy and chips. You may leave your donations in the marked carts inside Entrances 1 & 3.
We are so glad you'll be with us! Before your first visit, please download, print and fill out this intake form.
You may drop it off at the Hope for Kids Info Desk when you arrive.
The form helps us with important information such as social, behavioral and medical needs.
We look forward to meeting you!
• Sunday School class for all ages with special needs • This class meets each Saturday evening at 5:30 and Sunday morning at 9:30 and provides opportunities for fellowship with peers, service throughout the church, and most importantly growing deeper in relationship with Christ. For more information or general questions, please contact Rhonda Bradley at Rhonda@hopechurchmemphis.com or (901) 507-1896.
• Building Bridges & Making Friends • Please contact PK Oates for more information about this fun monthly get together.
• Family Support Night (Once a month, 6:30-8:30 pm) • In partnership with the Autism Resources of the Mid-South (ARMS), Hope Church will continue hosting monthly Family Fun Nights for families with children with special needs. We will offer parent support meetings, SibShops, Lego Club, and Young Adult Club.
• Lucy & Company Performance Group meets Mondays during the school year from 4-5:00 pm. The group features a Spring and Christmas show. Fee is $60/month. For more information or to sign up, contact Diane at 901-219-9265.
• Hand in Hand (Sundays at 9:30 am in Room 303) • A place for parents and caregivers of a child or adult with special needs. Create meaningful friendships with other families who have walked in your shoes and find support and encouragement. For more information, contact PK Oates.
• Harwood Center preschool classes for individuals with special needs. Meets Monday-Friday during the school year and select weeks during the summer. For more information, visit their website.
Hope Special Kids and Adults is always looking for volunteers to assist with our Special Needs program. Whether your gift is in the classroom or not, there's a way for you to showcase your gifts. If you're interested in being a part of this ministry, we'd love to meet you! All volunteers are required to fill out a background check before we can get you plugged in! For more information and helpful resources, contact Special Kids & Adults Family Coordinator PK Oates at 901-453-3445 or email PK Oates.
SIGN ME UP!
5:00 PM - 7:30 PM
Wednesdays at Hope
5:00 PM - 7:30 PM
5:00 PM - 7:30 PM
11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Macky & Friends Egg Hunt & Talent Show
5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Easter with Hope
7:30 PM - 8:30 PM
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
All Staff, Special Kids & Adults