Macky & Friends is our special needs program here at Hope. We believe all individuals are created in His image and have a unique purpose. It is our mission to lift individuals to their fullest potential, help them discover their God-given talents, and share those talents within the Body of Christ. We offer our faith and fun classes during two of our weekend worship service times. Join us Saturdays at 5:30 pm or Sundays at 9:30 am in the Hope 4 Kids building. Our special needs classes are faith-based inclusion classes where children and adults worship through interactive Bible stories. We use a multi-sensory approach that reinforces Bible truths through music, crafts and games. Check out some of our upcoming events below!
We are so glad you'll be with us! Before your first visit, please download, print and fill out this intake form. You may drop it off at the Hope for Kids Info Desk when you arrive. The form helps us with important information such as social, behavioral and medical needs. We look forward to meeting you!
11:00 am–2:00 pm in the Gym (Rain or Shine!) • FREE Admission • Hop on over to our “egg-citing” Easter egg hunt and talent show. This event is for families who have a child with special needs. Don’t miss the cool bunny trail egg hunt, face painting, games, cake walk, inflatables, food and so much more!
Donations • We need lots of plastic eggs filled with individually-wrapped pieces of candy and taped shut (please, no hard candy). We also need individually-wrapped bags of chips (snack size). Donations can be left in the marked carts located at Entrances 1 & 3.
Volunteer • This event is not successful without an incredible team of volunteers! Volunteering at this event may be one of the most rewarding experiences of your life. We need help decorating, running games, serving food, greeting and more. If you’re interested in learning more or serving with us, click the link below!
• Sunday School class for all ages with special needs This class will meet each Saturday evening at 5:30 and Sunday morning at 9:30 and will provide opportunities for fellowship with peers, service throughout the church, and most importantly growing deeper in relationship with Christ. We can't wait for this opportunity and hope to see you there! For more information or general questions please contact Rhonda Bradley at Rhonda@hopechurchmemphis.com or (901) 507-1896.
• Building Bridges & Making Friends Please contact PK Oates for more information about this fun monthly get together or check the event calendar at the bottom of this page for upcoming dates and times. (Use entrance 2, South Hall)
• Family Support Night (Once a month, 6:30-8:30 pm) • In partnership with the Autism Resources of the Mid-South (ARMS), Hope Church will continue hosting monthly Family Fun Nights for families with a child (or children!) with a disability. We will offer parent support meetings, SibShops, Lego Club, and Young Adult Club. There is something for everyone! All Disabilities are welcome. Check the event calendar at the bottom of this page for the next Family Support Night!
• Lucy & Company Performance Group meets Mondays during the school year from 4-5 pm. The group features a Spring and Christmas show. Fee if $60/month. If interested contact Diane at 901-219-9265.
• Hand in Hand • Sundays at 9:30 am in Room 303 • A place for parents and caregivers of a child or adult with special needs. Get information, share and learn to help your child and yourself. For more information, contact PK Oates.
• Harwood Center preschool classes for individuals with special needs. Meets Monday-Friday during the school year and select weeks during the summer. For more information visit their website here.
Hope Special Kids and Adults is always looking for volunteers—whether your gift is in the class or not! (shadowing an individual, helping at Special Needs events and more!) If you're interested in being a part of this awesome ministry we'd love to meet you! All volunteers are required to fill out a background check before we can get you plugged in! Click here to begin the background check application process.
For more information and helpful resources, contact Special Kids & Adults Family Coordinator PK Oates at 901-453-3445 or email PK Oates.
11:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Special Kids & Adults Easter Egg Hunt
5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Easter with Hope 5:30 PM
7:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Easter with Hope 7:30 PM
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Easter with Hope 8:00 AM
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Easter with Hope 10:00 AM
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Easter with Hope Noon
All Staff, Special Kids & Adults